Labels

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No way to slow down.


"Oh he feels the pistons scraping, steam breaking on his brow, old Charlie stole the handle and the train, it won't stop going. No way to slow down."


One of the lyrics from Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath".  It's a song in heavy rotation on my iPod these days.


No I don't relate to the theme of a man's entire life unraveling, but I do relate to when the pace of life seems to quicken, building up speed and pressure faster and faster until it's all you can do to just keep up and hold on tight.  The last month or more has really been a wild ride at a breakneck pace, from the moment my feet hit the floor until my head hits the pillow. So many things to do, many more and more obligations to meet and I'll be honest, I get tired. I get cranky. I have a lot of responsibilities; those who know me well, are aware of a few of them but really nobody knows all of them all. Nobody. They're all responsibilities I assumed by choice, no one forced them on me so I do not have room nor right to complain.  Admittedly sometimes I do and I'm usually embarrassed by it.


I've blogged a good deal about having patience for others, trying to see what the other person is going through and not to judge.  I mean that. You have to stop for a moment; take a deep breath and consider the other person and the burden they carry.


And if you're wondering why I am telling you this? I'm not.  I'm telling me.  I've been so short of patience lately and been letting stress, pressure and a heavy load (again assumed by choice) get the better of me.  I've argued with people who didn't deserve it and been less than patient with others.  Stress is no excuse, that's simply no way to treat people.  Ok telling Mr. LittleShoes to go f-himself twice this month...? Yah, no I would TOTALLY do that again. I won't lie but then I feel I've earned that one :)


If you are one of the many, many that I've pissed off and have yet to apologize, come talk to me.  I'll eat a bit of crow and maybe mend a fence or two. 


I've always said I'm not yet the man I want to be but I get closer every day.  I slid a little this month but I'm not nearly done yet trying to be better.


Be happy.  Live, love, laugh and be kind.


Thank you for taking the time to read.

2 comments: