Labels

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Could Use a Sonic Screwdriver

I don’t like the universe right now. Every time that I repair one portion, another aspect has reached the end of its shelf life. It’s taken its toll. I’m not complaining (at least not overly) as I fully realize how well I have it in comparison to others. I’m not homeless, I have food to eat, I’m employed and I’m warm at night. Those are blessings not everyone can claim.


Still, I really could use a moment to just breathe. That’s all, just a moment to sit down and take it all in then to let it all out. A good nights sleep or day where my head doesn't feel as if it's splitting apart. Or just to scream at the heavens until all of the pent up frustrations are just cast out into the void, where they can do no more harm.


The month of May in particular has reached epic suckage proportions. If I didn’t know better I would think they’ve opened a Hellmouth franchise in my area.


I’m not going to get into specifics, you’ve already tolerated far too much of my whining as it is. Mostly here is the point of today’s blog in one word.


TARDIS.


I’ve never watched an episode of Dr. Who until last month. Somehow during the sleepless nights, stress, and stolen moments for Cap’n Crunch cereal dinners, I managed to become a huge fan. TARDIS. Just the name strikes glee and terror into the hearts of geekdom.


The Dr. is a universal handyman; he fixes the problems he sees with a screwdriver. (I might've gone with sonic duct tape, but that's just me.) When the job is done, pfft! Off he flies to a new wondrous world. No ties to anyone or anything, just an indestructible blue box and millions of frequent flier miles. He has the only key, a comfy chair and also seems to get excellent cell phone reception. What a brilliant way to live!


With that in mind, I’m starting a new Tumbl. “If I had a TARDIS”, where I will post musings on where/when I’d go. A transcendental vacation of sorts. Look for (in)frequent updates. I’m getting bad about finding time to blog lately.


I wonder if the Dr. could help me with that? Fantastic! Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment